Established in April 2019, the Ayia Napa Beach Racket Association is the result of the love of this sport and just like a seed that is planted and grows, there were enough people with enough interest to make the association a reality.
Though none of this would have been possible without the support and understanding of the Ayia Napa Municipality, so we owe a great deal of thanks and gratitude to the previous Mayor of Ayia Napa, Mr Yiannis Karousos, as well as to those who worked closely with the Mayor to make the vision of our association a reality.
Beach racket has long been present in Cyprus since before the rapid development of the tourist industry that occurred after the illegal occupation of Cyprus by Turkish troops in 1974.
Though the evolution of the sport in the manner that it is now played is a new event for Cyprus as it defers from traditional beach racket which was played with no rules and no regulations, it was just a recreational pastime.
The sport has now evolved in that there are rules and regulations and participants take part in competitions that are undertaken around the Mediterranean and further afield.
The Aims of the asscociation
1. The cultivation, development and dissemination of officially recognized and non-coastal and water sports. Examples include beach racket, beach volleyball, beach tennis and beach soccer.
2. The strengthening of friendly ties between its members who share the love for sports in the environment of the Beach as well as the environmental awareness for the maintenance of decency, cleanliness and public health in the wider coastal area of the beach.
3. The development and cooperation of the association with all relevant purposes sports and cultural associations and competent bodies of the state and abroad, which cultivate and promote similar sports and promote the environmental awareness of the citizens, in particular the cooperation with those associations, which promote the sport of racquetball tennis for its official recognition as a sport by the competent state bodies, participating in joint events, events and activities.
4. The preservation, study, development and promotion of the common interests of the members of the Association.
5. The contact and cooperation of the Association and its members with similar associations or organizations abroad that have the same or similar or related purposes and aspirations.
6. The regular contact between the members and the exchange of views on issues of the Association or its purposes.
The promotion and realization of the goals of the Association
1. The establishment and operation by the association of learning departments of cultivated sports, especially wooden tennis racket, and the Board of Directors is given the opportunity to appoint responsible trainers of sports and other sports, who with the orders of the Board will determine any procedural issues for training and participation in the respective events of the club or other clubs.
2. The organization of games and the participation of the association in inter-club games in Cyprus and abroad.
3. The effort to configure the space with the permission and assistance of the competent bodies and bodies, especially the Municipality of Ayia Napa and the Municipal or State body that manages the space, appropriate and friendly to the environment and the existing facilities, sports infrastructure and conduct of sports, without any burden on the ecosystem.
4. The organization of events with social, cultural and sports content as well as the organization of informative seminars, dances, festivals, excursions, etc.
5. The establishment of committees by the members for the realization of these purposes as well as the taking of any appropriate means for the realization of the above purposes of the association
No more posts